Terms Of Service
1. The service is offered on an exclusive basis per postcode district, with only one agent being licensed to use the service in that district in respect of one or both of two sectors:
a. Lower Sector. This means that you will be able to autoprospect all properties entering the market in your licensed postcode district advertised at any figure up to a maximum of £500,000 (or £750,000 for London postcodes).
b. Upper Sector. This means that you will be able to autoprospect all properties entering the market in your licensed postcode district advertised at any figure above £500,001 (or £750,001 for London postcodes).
For the sake of clarity it could be that one agent in the same postcode as another will be licensed to autoprospect properties UP TO to £500,000 whilst the other is licensed to autoprospect properties OVER £500,000 in the same postcode. In many instances one agent will hold the licence for both sectors within the same postcode.
2. New build, development, commercial and retirement properties are excluded from the service.
3. If a property is advertised with incorrect information, mailing to that address may not be included.
4. The service includes the use of various templated prospecting letters that are automatically sent out as properties become available. As an Agent Prospects licensed agent, you are also permitted to use these for manual mailing purposes if you so wish but many only do so WITHIN YOUR LICENSED POSTCODE DISTRICT. We reserve the right to revoke your licence if you fail to adhere to this stipulation with the possible effect of your licence being reallocated to another agent.
5. Prospect mailings are controlled via your online account. You are able to deselect any that you do not wish to send to (including deselecting all if you want to hold off on a mailing). Otherwise as this is an auto-prospecting and mailing service anything you do not deselect is automatically mailed on the 15th of the month. This includes the appropriate monthly letters that you did not deselect on earlier months which will be automatically mailed the follow-on letters if they are still on the market.
6. It is a term of this agreement that for any prospects we collect for you that you deselect from the current month’s mailing (eg letter 1) there is a fee payable of 30 pence per prospect to cover our costs of address and name collection.
7. Payment at the agreed rate (ie £49+vat for one sector per postcode or £79+vat for both sectors) should be made by Direct Debit (which is governed by the Direct Debit Guarantee). Completion of the direct debit mandate acts as confirmation that you would like to proceed, and as a contract between us, at which point work on the account will begin immediately. Payments drawn at this stage will not be refundable, as there is a direct association with work undertaken in order to set up your account. If a direct debit payment due should fail for whatever reason we will contact you to arrange alternative payment. Should such payment not be forthcoming within 10 working of the due date then we reserve the right to revoke your licence and reallocate it to another agent. Printing, envelope, and postage currently costs 76 pence per letter sent. We reserve the right to vary postage costs without notice, but only ever in line with any increase in postage costs announced by Royal Mail.
8. There is an initial contract of six months upon registration for the Agent Prospects service. After this contract period the service is cancellable by giving one months notice of cancellation. Such cancellation can only be made directly with your client account manager, by phone to 01242 421 001. However, we ask that you first check your prospect history in your account to match up against any enquiries or instructions you may have prior to cancelling. Your final invoice will include one month’s subscription fees for your area/s and a fee of 30 pence per address for any prospects already collected for you for the month of cancellation.
9. We provide a service that aims to discover considerably more properties than had you undertaken the work yourself. We use proprietary algorithmic processes to identify the correct address, cross referenced with HM Land Registry and then manually validated giving us access to the majority of residential properties that come onto the market (excluding New Homes, Developments, Commercial, Retirement, Shared Ownership, Repossessions etc which together typically make up about 20-30% of properties entering the market depending on location).
Where we are not able to discover an address using one of our automated processes, we have a team of over 20 people whose task it is to discover these using a variety of manual methods. Our accuracy rate in this is over 95% but occasionally incorrect information supplied or human error can result in an incorrect name and/or address being provided and no responsibility can be accepted for any inconvenience/embarrassment caused.
10. Accuracy is as important to us as it is to you and we realize that it would be embarrassing for your prospecting material to be sent to the wrong address. Depending on a number of variables, we are typically able to supply actual homeowner names for about 60% of discovered addresses, the remainder being addressed to “The Homeowner”. Vendors who have registered with the Mailing Preference Service are also excluded.
11. It is a strict requirement of this service that your agency is registered with the Information Commissioners Office in order to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. By purchasing prospecting services from us you confirm that you have registered with the ICO.
12. The Agent Prospects service is provided by the licensor, which is Cloud Centric Ltd, registered office North House, Farmoor Court, Cumnor Road, Farmoor, Oxford, OX2 9LU. Company registration number 08374883.
Termination of Contract
There is an initial contract of six months upon registration for the Agent Prospects service. After this contract period the service is cancellable by giving one months notice of cancellation. Such cancellation can only be made directly with your client account manager, by phone to 01242 421 005. Email requests to cancel do not constitute acceptance of any cancellation. Only verbal requests made with your client account manager will create a cancellation request. Customers are encouraged to keep records of all cancellation communication.
Closing an account with Agent Prospects cannot be done by simply cancelling the direct debit mandate or credit/debit card. We will continue to treat this as an open account and the billing cycle will continue, resulting in a past due account that may be turned over to a third-party collection service. It is imperative that account cancellation is done by speaking with your client account manager, to ensure account closure.
Cancellation of an account does not dismiss outstanding invoices. At the time of cancellation, any outstanding balance must be settled. All cancelled accounts with an outstanding balance may be automatically turned over to a third-party collection service. If a cancellation is made during the initial contract period, all outstanding invoices (subscription + 30p for each address in the relevant months will be due). Failure to make payment could result in extra charges.
Your final invoice will include one month’s subscription fees for your area/s. Please bear in mind that should you do so then we reserve the right to re-allocate your area to another agent, who many well be a competitor of yours, and we would not be able to reinstate your subscription thereafter, as that agent would then have exclusivity.
Only when this payment is received is the account officially cancelled. Should invoices remain outstanding then the service will remain live and you will incur additional subscription costs.
This payment can be made over the phone via credit card, or via direct debit, although you should be aware that direct debit payments can take up to 10 days to process, so please avoid cancelling it yourself, as this could result in further charges. The AgentCentric team will handle your cancellation, and inform you when the final balance has cleared, at which point we will cancel the mandate.